There are times when being a mom hits me squarely in the face! Aside from driving my very stylish minivan; few things make it more obvious I’m a mom than the contents of my purse. The other day I was killing time….by doing what all moms do: clean. Some people crochet, read a book or walk the dog. For us moms who relish in finding treasure….we go for cleaning out the closets. Diving into the closet, I soon found myself going through a pile of my purses. Why is it women have so many purses? I could understand if they were actually really different. Mine are mostly black, mostly the same shape or style. I am so boring! OK, so here the fun begins. I am going through this mass pile of mostly black purses. I begin to realize I have lost my mind! The contents of these purses are making me laugh silly. I thought I’d post a sampling of the contents here…for your enjoyment too! In no particular order:
* a razor- maybe I thought I’d shave in the car-line?
* glue bottle- you never know!
* coupons from two years ago- time to get rid of that purse!
* batteries- who knows?
* a small cone- no doubt special to my kiddo
* a rock- very special
* an empty juice box- glad no ants found that one!
* nail polish- my favorite color found again, yippee!
* shoe laces- no idea which shoes
* a dog biscuit- don’t ask!
* 4 packets of ketchup- just in case
* 2 packets of mustard- who likes mustard
* 1 packet of sugar- just the sugar, no candy
* a movie ticket from a year ago- Planet 51
* one earring- where the other is, who knows!
* a tiny doll head- maybe I bit it off, just kidding!
* a kitchen fork- now my place settings are complete again
* and my personal favorite……the Starbucks card with money still on it- that’s what I’m talkin’ about!!!!
So my effort wasn’t in vain. My closet got a little cleaner. I found a gift card with money still on it. Isn’t that the best? Now I can be uber-stylish in my minivan with my Starbucks…….I’m such a mom!